Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hullo then,

so how's trix?

Yesterday was fun for me- I got up at 8am... perhaps a record for me... walked around Firenze, saw the line at the Uffutzi Galleria (it was about a mile long, I kid you not!), met up with my new italian friend: Mishu, and said goodbye to him (he was headed back home to Venezia)... met up with my old italian friend: Simone and had lunch at his place (good pasta!)... we tooled around with some music apps (cubase, etc...) and traded albums (my 1 solo album for 3 of his, I think I got a sweet deal there!)... Then it was off to La Spezia and the Cinqueterre.
I arrived at Levanto (a town I stayed in during my last trip) only to find that the hostel was fully booked with Italians (there should be a law against staying in hostels in your own country!)... so at about 9 in the evening I was stuck at La Spezia station with a train ticket for Roma leaving at 1:30am... now La Spezia isn't exactly a happening place... I searched for a good hour before I found a bar that was open!
So finally I caught the night train to Roma and went back to a hostel that I had stayed in 5 yrs ago and now I'm sitting in a laundromat... its 5 past 9 in the morning... I had about an hours sleep on the train... and I have to wait until 3pm to check into the hostel... at least I know where the good cafes are in Roma (one of the perks of travelling to the same place twice),

doc.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ciao doc(is a big and kind man.. and musician!!!!)yes...a see you soon.
simone

9/25/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger celticdiardan said...

hey simone,
many thanks for the hospitality!
I'm still looking for a trattoria that cooks pasta as good as yours!

doc.

9/27/2006 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home