Monday, November 27, 2006

Here's a recap on all the things i've gotten up to:

In cronological order from when I got off the plane in Praha:
Straight after I got off the plane I met a Czech/Australian guy named Stan. We went on a pub crawl that night and I got hammered on Bozkov rum, when Stan left for an hour he came back and found me curled up on the floor in the pub asleep! I reminded Stan of his late best friend so he showed me around Praha and took me to see Adrspach in the mountains (very nice but if you go take a Czech phrasebook). We parted ways and I headed to Wein (where I bought my nice hat), then Venezia and then Firenze where I met Michi. After hanging around Firenze and meeting an old friend Simone (who I have much admiration for musically), i went to Roma. I made my way from Roma to Bari where I met my new girlfriend Mayuko (Japanese girl), and we spent a week in Dubrovnik, which was fantastic. We both went separate ways in Split, and on the bus from Split to Zagreb I met Rajko. We got drunk. For 3 days I was drunk (a new and possibly unbreakable record for me) and I tried to ride a lifesize plastic horse in Novi Sad, just ask the locals. I ended up staying in Rajko's room in Kovilj (Serbia) for a month (Rajko went back to work in Hvar that sunday feeling a wee bit sick from all the drinking... poor bastard!). During that month I went to see Matt of Concord Dawn work his black magic with my man Djole. Me and Nenad (Rajko's brother) went to see a football game, but we didnt make it- his Yugo ran out of gas and we ended up pushing it to the nearest gas station. And Nenad took me to a work party where I saw this really good Macadonian guitarist and got drunk because of the open bar (I can never turn back a free drink). After Serbia I went back to Italy and then stayed in Padova with my friend Michi and met up with Mayuko in Venezia for a day. Then I stayed in Firenze with Simone and we went to see Messer Chups play (how about that great bassist girl!), and after Firenze I went to Roma and spent the night in Ciampino airport. The next day I flew to Luton (London) and spent another night in an airport :(. In the morning I caught a flight to Marrakesh and met Mayuko at the airport. We spent another week together and then she went back to Japan. I went south to Laayoune and caught a charter flight to Las Palmas, where I got slightly beaten by some punk junkies upon my arrival (hurray!).
Another looooooooong trip via bus and plane and I'm back in Marrakesh, typing this into a computer... so that's it! I missed out on a few stories but that is basically my trip thus far... any suggestions on what I should do in the next couple of days before I go to Graz to stay with my friend Misha?

1). Cover myself in chocolate and run naked through the main square shouting out "I'm a candy bar, I'm a candy bar!".

2). Read the entire collective works of Charles Dickens translated into arabic.

or

3). Go out into the desert with nothing but beach shorts and a towel and ask "Where's the surf at?" in french to everyone I see.

Its your choice lads... If you come up with another suggestion feel free to leave it.

doc.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, juicy, I get to break the comment cherry :) nice...

sounds like on the whole europe has been pretty good to you man, enough craziness to fill seven pairs of hypercolour clown shoes. now thats crazy. as for your next move, whatever you do i wouldn't recomend the desert, you burn too easy. save your skin for brisvegas. maybe the chocolate thing, as long as i can see pics. yeah i havent commented in a while either, its just that i'm not fond of computers. what can you do? Syu!

11/28/2006 2:39 AM  
Blogger celticdiardan said...

Hey I was wondering when you would come waltzing back to my little corner of the web!

So when are you going to write back that email Mister I-dont-need-alcohol-to-enjoy-life?

In answer to your question about what can I do, i'll tell you- It involves a bucket of tar and a goosedown pillow... i'll let you do the math.

But anyhow i'll give you a B- for effort, better than a certain Mr. Honors who's getting an F!
(F standing for: Foot up his ass when I see him next).

doc.

11/28/2006 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gooo doc gooooooooo!!!!!fly on the world.......peace.

simone

11/28/2006 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

friday or saturday...1st or 2nd december? :-/

11/29/2006 6:16 AM  
Blogger celticdiardan said...

Hey Misha,
My flight arrives in Graz on the 2nd of december at 14:25. I'll send you an email too so you know both ways...

Hey Simone,
peace to you too! or in arabic- salem... i'll have to put the links to your homepages when I get back to australia.

And in regards to my last comments, I was joking, so dont take it serious fi&& or J... if you read them that way of course.

doc.

11/29/2006 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok my friend, i will wait u on airport with car...

See you.

Misha

11/30/2006 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home