Saturday, November 11, 2006

Long time no post you say?

Well I did make a post in Firenze but for some reason -unknown to me!- it posted online and then vanished without a trace... t'was a fine post that was lost that day, with more wisdom than a pub full of irish-men... rest in peace fine post.

That disaster aside I've made it to Marrakesh in one piece and let me say one thing- it is tough here, people dart in and out of alleys on tiny motorbikes and vendors hock their wares with precision and experience... I figured I might have some upper-hand from years of retail experience but it's all for naught in this crazy land... one example is that when you enter a shop and give a price to them you must expect them to times it by four, then they will dwindle that down to double your asking price, and then when you head for the exit they act defeated start wrapping the item and you end up paying one and a half times what you wanted to pay... yep, they have old whitey down pat over here. It's even worse if you're Japanese like my girl Mayuko, they have her paying four times what I would pay for something! And they dont budge an iota on the price when she walks out, which leaves me to buying her things by myself, the second they see her their eyes light up and I know that we're going to get bent over on the price!

But Morocco it seems is not that much cheaper than eastern europe, disappointing considering I had a place to stay in Serbia for as long as I wanted... maybe i'll make a dash to west africa when the woman heads back to Japan in four days... who knows what i'll do next?

That wasn't a rhetorical question... get back to me on that one lads...

And I want to hear how things are back home, give me three minutes of your life because I give you half an hour... it's a fair trade!

doc.

PS- I have some cool postcards to send, if you want one you have to leave me some funny comment to read.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello doc!!!but where are you???????good luck!noise

ahhh...now it's OK

http://digilander.libero.it/noiseoltreilmare

11/11/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger celticdiardan said...

hey simone!!!

I'm still in Morocco for a few more days, then maybe i'll go to senegal...
thanks for everything you've done for me... I'm still carrying the jacket with me, should be useful in berlin!
so you finally got the error fixed? government conspiracy and all!
i'll post the link on my site when I get back to australia,
grazie mi amigo,

doc.

11/12/2006 6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dr :) fret not my good man, I caught your mystery post before it mysteriously disappeared, as much a gem as any. I was going to tell of my engagement when you got back but you're resourceful nature hath doth foiled me again! Should've known you'd be one step ahead... so yeah, I'd like you to be a grooms man for me! The position of best man will be decided by a rigorous onslaught of physical and mental combat between the other successful grooms men... or, they'll draw straws. Figure that out when you get back :)

11/13/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger celticdiardan said...

It wasn't really me being resourceful... (no wait! maybe it was... just take credit for it fool!) Actually it was fairly resourceful of me... (ahh, excellent)...

Anyhow I was thinking that instead of a grooms man or best man, maybe I could settle on being the groom... if thats ok with you of course : )

Although I do like the prospect of having to battle for a role in your wedding, as long as we get the star trek battle music going... and the cool stick and blade weapon!

doc.

11/14/2006 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home